What is meditation?
Meditation is relaxation. It is not about concentration, it’s actually about de-concentration. It’s not about focussing one’s thoughts on one thing, but instead on becoming thoughtless.
What are the benefits of meditation?
1. A calm mind
2. Good concentration
3. Better Clarity
4. Improved communication
5. Relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and body
5 Health benefits of meditation
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
1. Lowers high blood pressure, lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
2. Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
3. Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
4. Improves the immune system
5. Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy.
8 Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
1. Anxiety decreases
2. Emotional stability improves
3. Creativity increases
4. Happiness increases
5. Intuition develops
6. Gain clarity and peace of mind
7. Problems become smaller
8. Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
3 Spiritual benefits of meditation
Meditation doesn’t have a religion and can be practiced by anybody regardless of the faith they follow.
1. Effortless transition from being something to merging with the infinite and recognizing yourself as an inseparable part of the whole cosmos.
2. In a meditative state, you are in a space of vastness, calmness and joy and this is what you emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
3. Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself.